Friday, September 22, 2006

Welcome.

Come on in and have a seat. This is the blog for the Howard Colman Library at Rockford College.

As one of the full time staff of the library, I am hoping that by starting this blog I can open an informal line of communication between us. Like almost everybody, I wear many hats and another one of mine is that of a student. Currently I am working on my Masters of Library and Information Science (3/4 time) from University of Wisconsin, Madison - online.

The way I see it, this blog can help us both. I want to learn more about technology and I would like to share things that may help you as well.

My postings may be some question that I hear being discussed in library school, a new link to a fun website, a photo just to lift our spirits for the day, or a news flash to let you know about a new video that we bought.

I want you to feel free to leave comments - but I have the moderation on, just so you know.

4 Comments:

At 3:00 PM , Blogger unconventional librarian-in-training said...

Good For You Kelly! I am waiting to finish my subject explorations to start my own "Librarian-in-Training" (assuming I get the nerve. Thanks for blazing the trail -- I hope to take notes. And I cannot wait to hear about your library. How do you like the Blogger set-up?

 
At 9:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful addition to the Rockford College community. I look forward to visiting the site often and enjoying news about our library.

 
At 11:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks good. We have needed a blog for some time. Thanks
RJ

 
At 6:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What fun for those of us who consider ourselves 'alumni' of the college to stay connected -- and for actual alumni, too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home